McKinley STEM Elementary
School Hours - 7:55 a.m.-2:25 p.m.
Office Hours - 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
About McKinley STEM Elementary:
- McKinley Elementary is in a quiet neighborhood in the northeast corner of Owatonna.
- McKinley is a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts Integration, and Math) school that allows students' to approach learning from integrating content while emphasizing problem solving and collaboration.
- First built in 1990, our building served as Willow Creek Intermediate School, housing our district 6th graders. In 2017, a large addition and renovation occurred to transition this site to a 600+ student K-5 elementary site. In September 2017, our school moved into the beautiful facility.
- Our students have opportunities to participate in leadership opportunities such as Student Council, Safety Patrol, the younger buddy program, and other activities that support music, sports, academics and safety.
- McKinley students can participate in choir, orchestra, and band beginning in fifth grade. We think our music groups are outstanding. All of our children are involved in music concerts throughout the year.
|Student Population - 610 (K-5)
Staff Members - 90
Mascot - Maynard the Monkey
School Colors - Purple & Gold
Opened - 1956
School Boundary - All Owatonna residences east of Cedar Street and north of 15th Street NE, as well as open-enrolled elementary STEM students.